Spring Meeting Minutes of the Mount Hermon Community
Thursday, May 4, 2017, 7:00pm
Youth Memorial Building, Mount Hermon
- Reggie Coates gave the President’s Call to Order at 7:05pm, Welcome, and Introduction.
- Vice President Ron Taylor provided the Opening Prayer.
- The Secretary’s Report was given by Reggie Coates (Secretary Barb McGraw could not attend). Motion/Second/Approved
- Treasurer’s Report was given by Treasurer Cheri Andrews. Motion/Second/Approved
- At the Fall meeting, October 27, 2016, we had $802.53
- Our current balance is $1,042.54
- Detailed Activity
- 12/13/16 – $80.00 Deposit: Silent Auction
- 12/15/16 – $184.00 Deposit: Door Ticket Sales
- 12/19/16 – $292.94 Deposit: Online Ticket Sales
- 10/24/16 – $45.00 for Web Hosting Fees
- 10/27/16 – $14.06 for supplies for Fall Meeting
- 10/27/16 – $31.47 for supplies for Fall Meeting
- 11/07/16 – $10.32 for supplies for Christmas Dinner
- 11/07/16 – $73.47 for supplies for Christmas Dinner
- 12/09/16 – $102.61 for Starbuck’s gift cards, Christmas dinner fliers and poster.
- 04/03/17 – $30.00 for Web Hosting Fees
- 05/02/17 – $10.00 for Web Hosting Fees
- Mount Hermon Association Update was given by Dale Pollock
- There’s not much happening on the water lines because of the slide on Terrace Drive.
- There’s been an increase in water levels.
- The storm caused damage mostly to Redwood Camp.
- The storm did some damage to Conference Drive near Roaring Camp Drive (movement on the embankment where the cones are). They will be repairing that. [Any work on Conference Drive is paid for by MHA and not the MHC-RTB fees.]
- Summer Registration details were explained by Bill Fernald.
- Everyone must register at the front office and receive a name badge.
- Fun Day for our community, Saturday, August 19, 12:00pm-5:00pm
- Includes lunch, games, and all activities for free
- Register for the summer and receive a name badge to participate
- The report on Roads, Trails, and Bridges was given by Joshua Shively
- There have been lots of fixes throughout Mount Hermon such as the handrails on Parkway.
- If you have any concerns, call the office and a work order will be created.
- Community Announcements were given by Reggie reiterating the MHC focus on positive Communication, Involvement, and Support. He also reminded everyone of the community website at http://mounthermoncommunity.com and social media site at mounthermon.nextdoor.com.
- Fire Chief Ron Rickabaugh, from the Felton Fire Protection District, gave a report on current issues.
- He recommended that everyone keep the brush away from their homes and think about clearing what would be flammable and dangerous in a fire.
- He said most of the calls they get are not fire related but medical related. Have papers ready for you and your family in case of a medical emergency.
- He explained how Cal-Fire and the Felton Fire Department work together. Cal-Fire takes the lead when brush is involved and Felton Fire Department takes the lead when buildings are involved.
- Make sure your street number is very clear to see.
- Sheriff Department Update – Paul Izor
- The volunteer Sheriff helpers will evaluate the safety of your home and do a drive by while you’re on vacation. Call the Felton Sheriff’s office.
- There was no New Business.
- Ron Taylor closed the evening at 8:10pm in prayer.
Reggie Coates – Mount Hermon Community President